Cutest Blog Template

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Eye boogies, ear pain and hours of crying....

Well, that's where Riley was. My vibrant, bouncing 6 year old Riley-dude has had some eye gunk at night time for a couple days. I'm treating with Similisan pink-eye relief even though I think it's probably allergy related. Then he went swimming with my neighbor yesterday and came home crying.

This was about the time I was to go into my dentist's office for a filling. I could hear him cry because I was on the phone with Daimeian who stopped home briefly. It was so hard to sit in the dentist office knowing he was in pain.This visit was the longest at the dentist in awhile. They were short an assistant which delayed my appointment by 45 minutes and the whole filling ordeal took longer than we've experienced before. By the time I got home Riley had been crying for 2 hours inconsolably. Poor dude! He promptly dropped the bag he carried over from across the street and flung himself on the couch in tears. I gave him some ibuprofen and cuddled him and caressed his back. Within a few minutes he was sound asleep and taking those deep interrupted breaths in that a child does after crying for so long. This went on for hours. The guy slept 12 hours straight through so I was happy to let him watch a movie at close to 6 AM this morning after he woke up!

We prayed over him last night and are praising the Lord for a speedy recovery. This morning he is back to his bouncy, squirrelly self! I love it. Thank you Lord for my Riley dude, just the way you made him. Oh, and help me to remember this next time I'm frustrated with his energy level
!

No comments:

Post a Comment