These were originally posted on Facebook about a year and a half ago...It seems there are a lot of things in life that I thought couldn't or wouldn't happen...and then they did. Do you think God knows some things I don't? OK, maybe like EVERYTHING!
1. I never wanted any pets, ever. Somehow I ended up being the one to run out and pick out our dog Roxie. I even left church early and drove an hour away! Then, I had to get chickens! We lost one of them to our neighbors dog, but we currently have seven running around our yard. Hoping to have eggs in just a few weeks. Roxie does amazingly well with the chickens too!
2. Growing up I hated going to the garden to help my dad. It mostly meant pulling weeds! Now, I am enjoying the planning of my own garden. So far it’s mostly been container gardening, but I’m hoping to branch out to raised bed square-foot methods this year…if only I can keep the chickens from using the dirt for a dirt bath.
3. I never thought I’d live long enough to get married, let alone have children. I’m about to celebrate my 11th wedding anniversary and we have five children! Isn’t God amazing!?
4. My personality is one that loves quiet and peacefulness. Chaos and clutter drive me CRAZY!! Boy, has God been growing me in this area! Somehow I have five children, I homeschool them, I work with lots of people through the ministry and we frequently have guests over to the house, and even teens once a month. J
5. I learned a lot about how to behave in a professional manner by seeing my dad interact with clients growing up. His office was in our home for many years and I learned by observing. (Wonder if he knew? Wonder how much, and what things, my kids pick up from observing me!?)
6. I remember playing kickball in the back yard. It was the best and I was never picked last. J
7. Growing up I played or participated in at some point; softball, basketball, volleyball, cheerleading, canoe racing, golfing, gymnastics, ballet/tap/jazz, swimming, tennis lessons….and I don’t even like sports! (Though I did enjoy gymnastics and dance for a little while, and swimming while I could.)
8. I had more than one boyfriend tell me that they would never leave me and that anyone who did was a fool, then they left. Hmmm….
9. My husband tells me he loves me at LEAST 10 times a day. If I don’t remember to give him a hug, often enough, he stops me by staring until I do.
10. The first thing I want in the morning is a fresh hot cup of black coffee. (Sweet coffee would make me sick in the morning!)
11. I was a single mom with two kids from two different dads and was sure I would never find ANYone would want me as a wife, help me raise my boys and love me the way I longed for. It wasn’t until I gave my life COMPLETELY over to God’s hands and control rather than my own did my life start to change dramatically. I truly was satisfied in the Lord, then he blessed me abundantly and I met a wonderful man who loved the Lord and would stay. J
12. As soon as my head clears up from this fog…(mom’s of multiple small children know what I mean)…I will start writing again, and hopefully finish several books! (regardless of whether or not anyone else reads them)
13. I wish I had another daughter. We casually have discussed adoption someday. We’ll see what God has for us in the future…
14. I prayed that my last child would be another girl, so Liana would have a close sister. I also prayed for a very CALM and EASY baby. Wooaaahhhhh….God has a sense of humor, and he definitely knows better than I do. I couldn’t love Riley any more than I do. He is so much fun and so cuddly…but…just look for the Jungle Baby video in my posted items if you haven’t already seen the video clip.
15. After years of struggles personally and as a single mom, then just being a mom, and also a homeschooling parent, I have realized that the hardest things in life are the most rewarding.
16. I wish Daimeian’s mom had a chance to see the man he turned into, and I wish I’d had a chance to meet her.
17. I love to cook and bake…but only because I really want to eat something good and because I enjoy serving my family and friends.
18. I used to have this skinny little (12yo?) girl that came over to my apartment in MN all the time. She’d play with Tyler, dance and bounce and laugh and talk, talk, talk, talk. Now I have a 12 yo son to do all that for me, except he plays with Liana and Riley. J
19. I wish cheese wasn’t so high in fat! I LOVE almost all kinds of cheese.
20. It was really nice when the EPP team at Dell got an ice cream cake for my birthday. However, there isn’t much I just really don’t like, but mint chocolate chip ice cream is one of them!
21. I started having plant based allergy problems with bananas, cantaloupe, some avocados and other raw fruits and veggies AFTER Riley was born.
22. I’ve tried allergy shots twice for well over 2 years each, and they didn’t help me.
23. I’m hoping to move back to MN someday. Although, I do wonder if I’m completely crazy when I hear HOW cold it is there this winter!
24. For some reason, I suddenly remember my friend Kristine and how she got bit by a squirrel. To hear her tell the story will make you laugh ‘till you cry.
25. One of the things I would most love to do would be to sit in a cool room with warm clothes by a desk (in a CLEAN and QUIET ROOM and HOUSE) with a fresh cup of coffee, rain hitting the windows or snow falling outside, and me reading a book or writing something. (Maybe Daimeian could praise and worship songs in the background….)